Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
This position is assigned in the Culture and Talent Division (BPCT) within the Budget, People and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). In support of the evolving strategic priorities of ADB, BPCT offers integrated solutions and approaches to talent issues and enables a culture where people grow and thrive. The members of BPCT aspire to be curious, courageous, and collaborative in our work, and our work deliverables are designed to strengthen key organizational capabilities to ‘empower people and enable the extraordinary’. BPCT’s work encompasses a range of functional areas including organizational culture, staff engagement, talent management and development, and related HR policies.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Human Resource Assistant will undertake a range of defined tasks in BPMSD’s Culture and Talent Division (BPCT) performing technical and coordination support services in the design, development, implementation and administration of the division’s programs. The position is located in the division’s Center of Excellence (CoE) for Culture & Staff Engagement covering cultural transformation, diversity, inclusion and belonging, well-being programs, staff engagement and experience, and future of work – including work from home. In an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner, the incumbent provides support primarily within the areas of the CoE. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and National Staff.
- Keeps track of ongoing project and program plans in a proactive way, including overall planning, and monitoring progress across the different team deliverables. Follows up on implementation of decisions ensuring established timelines are followed.
- Evaluates and proposes improvements to work methods and processes. Assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow-up actions. Liaises closely with colleagues to ensure effective and smooth service design and delivery, recommending improvements on interrelated processes.
- Assists in programming, development and organization of programs and initiatives belonging to the Center of Excellence. Undertake research and prepares, drafts and finalizes correspondence. Selects the most effective communication to engage with stakeholders and internal clients and takes initiative to interpret and respond to inquiries from staff and stakeholders relating to the CoE’s responsibilities in a detailed, timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of staff surveys as needed. Extracts and compiles data from surveys and systems to generate various reports, documents and statistics.
- Uploads BPCT critical documents, discussions, and decisions to shared drive and other repository/portal for reference of the CoE.
- Prepares newsletters, information bulletins and presentations in an appealing visual layout using MS Excel, Word, Power Point and other programs. Ensures the timely and accurate update of relevant websites and databases containing information on the CoE’s initiatives and programs. Designs and generates a variety of ad hoc reports, statistical tables and other background materials.
- Serves as Tier 1 support for queries logged in HR4U in the areas covered by the Center of Excellence as well as responding to email inquiries. Coordinates with the other divisions with regards to changes in policies.
- Coordinates and performs preparatory tasks for various meetings, workshops and other events organized the BPCT, liaising with specified internal and external contacts. Attends and participates in internal and external meetings and workshops in assigned areas of work.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned, including tasks reflected in the incumbent’s workplan, and cross-divisional work as needed.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Economics, Social Sciences or related fields.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in human resources management in either public or private sector.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
Good analytical skills and business knowledge of relevant human resources management areas.
Structured way of working with good coordination skills and great attention to detail.
IT savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with other software used for layout and design of communication materials would be an advantage.
Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds and able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
A growth mindset with willingness and curiosity for developing competencies outside of own expertise.
Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for AS5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.