Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Program Coordinator is a member of the USAID-funded Global Health Professional and Organizational Development II Program (GHPOD II) team which is based out of the GHPOD II office in Crystal City, VA. This position may include international travel.
- Provide logistical and technical support to project activities, professional and organizational development facilitation, and large-scale multi-sectoral events.
- Work with the Team Lead, contributes to developing assignment reports, materials for large events and technical documents. Edit, and format course materials, course descriptions, documents, and reports.
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas and other necessary preparations for traveling team members.
- Onboard independent consultants; manage the consultant agreement and invoicing processes, ensure biodata information is accurate and up-to-date. Ensure that consultants comply with administrative procedures.
- Initiate and facilitate procurement process ensuring that procurements are done in accordance with Social Impact’s procurement policies, including developing RPF/RFQ, selecting procurement committee members, sourcing bids, facilitating process and selection, writing the justification memo.
- Provide technical support such as administering and analyzing surveys for assignments, synthesizing notes and decisions from assignments, assisting with planning, design, and implementation of events, developing event registration platforms and websites, and other support services.
- Monitor and review assignment budgets and deliverables; serve as field manager of assignment budgets.
- Engage in relationship management with client and consultants on consulting contract, logistical, and coordination-related issues.
- Assist Training Event Specialists with tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, health, or related subject.
- Minimum five (5) years of work or internship experience, preferably related to international development.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Previous financial management experience.
- International work, study, or cross-cultural experience.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Basic website and/or mobile app management and design.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with database management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.