Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The USAID Bureau for Global Health Professional and Organizational Development II (GHPOD II) Project’s primary objective is: To strengthen USAID health sector staff capacity to lead and manage health programs by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity, managing performance, and maximizing learning opportunities. This is accomplished by providing a variety of Professional Development activities for health sector staff world-wide that focus on skills and competencies in health sector technical areas, management, leadership, personal and team effectiveness and staff performance management.
Social Impact is seeking a Professional Development (PD) Advisor to design, deliver and evaluate professional development activities (domestic and international) of the GHPOD II Project.
Serve as a PD Advisor for training courses. Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and evaluate trainings aligned with GHPOD II Standard Operating Procedures.
- Foster continuous improvement and innovation in Professional Development trainings. Be familiar with adult learning principles and blended learning as well as innovative learning technologies.
- Provide direct service as a trainer and facilitator for PD events.
- Develop scope/budget/timeline for assigned training activities.
- Lead the customization/development of course content and activities.
- Guide consultant’s activities and ensure consultants remain within scope/budget.
- Review and approve course materials.
- Submit final course materials to Program Coordinator three days prior to delivery for formatting and printing.
- Lead and manage Consultants and Program Coordinator to ensure all is going well during delivery.
- After training delivery, review aggregated evaluations and schedule debrief with the consultants and the Senior Professional Development Advisor.
- Share results/findings during regular Professional Development team meetings and provide feedback to the consultant providing the future delivery to ensure most effective training.
- Provide weekly activity updates to the Senior Professional Development Advisor.
- Serve as Point of Contact, coordinating internal staff, client interface, and consultant management.
- Have ten years of experience developing, designing and evaluating professional development trainings in the areas of orientation, technical skills, management and leadership, personal effectiveness, and team effectiveness.
- Have experience in designing, implementing, and/or evaluating multi-faceted learning and training programs including distance-learning, instructor-led core training events, and tailored on-demand trainings.
- Have experience in developing and implementing team-building activities for groups.
- Ability to identify and manage suitable consultant candidates for the delivery of professional development trainings.
- Must have strong writing and presenting skills in English; a writing sample will be required.
- Must have an advanced degree in education, instructional design, international development, or related discipline and demonstrate knowledge of and skills in adult learning techniques.
- Have experience with USAID and USAID’s Global Health sector.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.