The IT Officer position will support the infrastructure and systems used to support all mothers2mothers Uganda IT environments, including providing support on any of the global technologies deployed, proactively utilizing monitoring and capacity planning tools to be aware of any potential issues and taking remedial action/escalating where necessary and working on long term IT infrastructure improvement projects. The IT Officer position will support the infrastructure and systems used to support all mothers2mothers Uganda IT environments, including providing support on any of the global technologies deployed, proactively utilizing monitoring and capacity planning tools to be aware of any potential issues and taking remedial action/escalating where necessary and working on long term IT infrastructure improvement projects
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs)
Provide technical IT services to staff, management and other stakeholders of the Country Office operations (70%)
- In collaboration with IT- HO, develop / update and ensure implementation of guidelines, procedures and processes on data protection.
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation in line with m2m Policies
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system problems and coordinate with the Head Office – IT team or escalate issue for resolution
- Monitor and perform preventive maintenance to IT equipment (e.g. computers, laptops, phones and printers) and IT systems (including network software systems) at all levels ensuring that servicing schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure m2m Uganda servers are secure and fully functioning.
- Ensure data and network security.
- In liaison with the Head Offfice IT team, provide technical specifications for IT equipment based on end-user needs and support installation of equipment and software in line with m2m system requirements.
- Coordinate with established vendors for the purchase and repair of computer systems, including laptops, printers, desktop computers, phones and other peripheral devices like scanners
- Maintain the m2m Sharepoint site and sub-sites and in co-ordination with other staff, continuously monitor it’s (the site) development and ensure its integration into all m2m activities
- Develop simple custom software solutions from time to time, as may be reasonably required
- Create and maintain user accounts, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in their functionality
- Respond to customer service/help desk queries in a manner consistent with the m2m IT policies and guidelines
- Innovatively identify Technology for Programs opportunities
- Identify and prioritise IT needs in each financial year and advise management on the same.
- Provide IT support for m2m events including meetings
- Build capacity of m2m staff in the safe use of IT equipment
Procurement & Inventory management (30%)
- Take stock of all IT related inventory, accounting for all IT equipment
- In collaboration with the Office Administrator, ensure the safety and security of all IT equipment.
- Periodically recharge of all m2m internet accounts, ensuring all staff have Internet access at all times.
- Ensure that all staff have airtime every month, within the set timelines In collaboration with the Office Administrator/Procurement Officer, initiate IT related procurements, advising on the required specifications Participate in m2m periodic stock taking and asset verification