We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Technical Director
Department/Location: Dakar, Senegal
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
IBTCI is seeking a Technical Director for a proposal for USAID’s five-year Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Senegal project. The purpose of this project is to establish a monitoring platform which will conduct monitoring, performance assessments and evaluations, research, and CLA activities for the USAID Mission in Senegal.
This position is contingent on award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead a team of assessment and data specialists in the design and development of baseline surveys, assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
- Oversee evaluations, assessments, and baseline surveys throughout the life of the contract, as well as analysis and reporting on assessment results.
- Participate in training activities targeting implementing partners.
- Provide oversight of data quality assessments and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
At least ten years’ experience working in monitoring & evaluation in developing countries, with a focus on health and/or agriculture.
- Strong evaluation team leadership and management track record.
- Managerial and operational experience, preferably in supporting activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries.
Demonstrated experience in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis software to perform univariate, bivariate of multivariate analysis and content analysis, respectively.
Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of development interventions.
- Experience in designing and field-testing surveys and other data collection instruments.
Familiarity with USAID policies related to accountability, evaluation and performance management.
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: A graduate degree in relevant subject areas, including, but not limited to, economics, statistics, public administration/policy, sociology, anthropology, international development or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience working in Senegal or West Africa preferred.
- Previous work in social inclusion and gender assessments would be an asset.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Senegal is essential. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Senegal.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).