About the Opportunity
Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The M&E Director will oversee all monitoring and evaluation activities and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing M&E frameworks and systems; collecting, verifying, and reporting data on program activities; and capturing impact, learning, and best practices.
Note that this position is contingent upon funding. The finalist candidate is subject to USAID approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ M&E staff, and local partners to design reporting and M&E framework and systems;
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) check-ins with relevant staff members and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly;
- Manage and lead staff to effectively implement the MEL plan and manage the M&E reporting processes;
- Collect, verify, and report M&E data in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards;
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and user-friendly way;
- Monitor, review, and ensure the quality of M&E data from key partners, grantees, and technical specialists;
- Input all required training and M&E data into USAID’s online systems as required by the project agreement;
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan;
- Assist the Chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely, and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines;
- Work closely with project and Headquarters staff to revise the reports as necessary;
- Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail, and clarity;
- Respond to requests from the donor and Headquarters staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact;
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in collaboration with other project staff as required;
- Represent Internews in-country and demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- Advanced degree in social science, development, or related field required. Advanced degree and/or professional training in M&E is preferred;
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in the field of performance measurement for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly desirable;
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems;
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s database systems;
- Experience with relevant M&E and communication software, including Excel, SPSS, In-Design, Photoshop, etc.;
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments;
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising staff;
- Ability to work in Jordan;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Prior experience with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets and civil society organizations in Jordan is an asset;
- Experience working with remote teams;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) policies.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.