We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Senior Technical Specialist (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning)
Department/Location: Practice focusing on MERL /Vienna, VA
Technical Point of Contact: Home Office Senior Management
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist (MEL) for support for ongoing projects and proposals, for its MERL Practices to work on MEL services. This is a six (6) month consultancy for up to 60 days of level of effort, starting on or about February 4, 2021. The technical point of contact will be a senior member of the IBTCI management team.
Scope of Work:
Provide program management and subject matter skills, perform program mobilization and management tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
- Work on deliverables for projects including work plans, resource plans and technical and progress reports.
- Review technical deliverables.
- Perform administrative, logistical and operational tasks such as:
- Project mobilization, including set up of registration, procurement, standard operating procedures, recruitment and office functions.
- Prepare technical documents, such as Scopes of Work (SOWs) for consultant and sub-contractor contracts and purchase order agreements.
- Track project budgets and pipe-lines.
- Ensure project administration is compliant with IBTCI and client procedures and policies.
- Ensure technical content is compliant with IBTCI and client procedures and policies.
Provide business development skills, support business development efforts including:
- Participate in overall proposal management of entire proposal(s) and request(s) for information (on specific business opportunities to be identified by IBTCI).
- Formulate components of proposals (technical and/or non-technical sections).
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI MERL/ Technical Practices and in collaboration with the IBTCI Business Development Division.
- This position does not authorize/ require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI Client.
- This position does not authorize/ require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
- At least 15 years of experience in foreign assistance or donor activities.
- At least 10 years of experience in MEL experience in the development context.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience with donor-funded projects preferred.
- Experience with the USAD, U.S. Department of State, or MCC.
- Demonstrable results-oriented, flexible and problem-solving skills.
Education: Master’s degree in international affairs, international development, business administration, public health, statistics, social sciences, or another relevant field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. This work can be undertaken remotely from within the United States.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.