ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is an international media development organization whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities. To support implementation of USAID-funded Investing in Independent Media (IIM) Activity in Southeast Asia, Internews is seeking a Partnerships Manager (PM). This position reports to the IIM Director of Operations and Grants and collaborates with the Chief of Party (CoP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) in managing grants and support mechanisms under IIM.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Internews’ Headquarters and global offices are closed or partially remote. Internews staff are currently working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. Until further notice, this position will also function remotely but may be required to travel or deploy to a location in the Southeast Asia region in 2021. Remote applicants will be considered; however, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work. You should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated in part to align with those of colleagues in Southeast Asia and on the East Coast of the United States.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensure collaboration with IIM technical teams to identify partners and develop Scopes of Work that align with IIM objectives and partner needs;
- Administer the full cycle of grant management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout;
- Oversee the collection of required local partner documentation, including registration, capacity questionnaires, budget inputs and negotiations;
- Provide technical and operational capacity-building support directly to partners;
- Liaise with partners to ensure high-quality outputs, timely completion of deliverables and invoices and overall quality of the activity;
- Ensure grants administration is compliant with USAID approved Grants Manual and Internews policies, including all reporting and audit requirements;
- Oversee timely training of partners and Internews staff to understand the grant cycle and compliance, including the development of training materials;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field; Master’s degree and/or professional training in Business Management or Finance preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in grants management. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the AIDAR, FAR, and ADS 303 regulations pertaining to grants and procurement.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving, and management skills.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target countries.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in Myanmar preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff.
- Fluency in Burmese and English.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.