The World Bank Indonesia program has grown under the 2016-2020 Country Partnership Framework for Indonesia and program delivery is supported substantially through Indonesia country-specific Trust Funds (TFs). Currently, there are 14 Indonesia Country Specific TFs with some USD 300 million of financing administered by the Indonesia Country Management Unit (CMU). The position of Operations Officer (OO) is mapped and supports task teams in the preparation and implementation of the country program.
The Indonesia CMU aims to provide support to task teams in ensuring the quality, monitoring and delivery of projects, including trust fund financed activities as part of the country strategy. The Operations Officer (OO) would be part of the Indonesia CMU, working under the guidance of the Operations Manager and the Operations Advisor. On a day to day basis, the OO will work closely with the Trust Fund Coordinator, the Senior Operations Officer and the relevant project teams.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Portfolio management and quality assurance
• Monitoring projects at varying stages of the project cycle (preparation, Board approval, implementation, closing, and evaluation) to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable guidelines/procedures and are progressing well against established work plans; and assisting task teams by recommending remedial actions when activities are behind schedule.
• Providing guidance to country/sector teams on quality of operations and portfolio performance;
• Regularly monitoring and facilitating the timelines of key deliverables for closing activities/projects and reporting for ongoing projects, as well as the delivery of projects in the pipeline.
• Ensuring timely and quality delivery of various portfolio reports, including the country dashboard.
• Monitoring the utilization of TF resources, including providing periodically updated information for budget monitoring.
• Facilitating and/or providing guidance to task teams regarding issues pertaining to the portfolio quality and budget monitoring to ensure that the use of trust funds provided by the donors are in accordance with the Administrative Agreement.
• Working with the Trust Funds Coordinator for administrative aspects of TF management, including liaison with corporate-level trust fund units.
Operational support, coordination, and knowledge exchange
• Performing timely and high quality analysis on work program and budget, highlighting trends and issues, and providing projections.
• Providing coordination support (e.g. steering committee events), responding to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties, and contribute to relationship management with key counterparts in government and trust fund donors.
• Knowledge Sharing – extract lessons learned and best practice on TF management from country/regional/global experience and contribute to knowledge exchange in the country and across regions.
• Providing other operational and administrative functions to the task team of CMU managed Trust Funds as needed.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
• Strong Analytical Skills.
• Strong Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, request or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success;
• Demonstrated Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so;
• Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
• Experience in Project Management or Data Collection and Management a plus.
Other Selection Criteria:
• Master’s degree (Accounting, Finance, Law with at least 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of relevant graduate level education and experience;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a strong track record for working in teams, demonstrating respect for different points of view;
• Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision, strong sense of initiative;
• Ability to work under pressures and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism;
• Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks;