Chief of Party (CoP) – Grant GUATEMALA
Purpose of the charge:
Working together with key government and civil society partners, the CoP will lead the scale up of evidence-based parenting interventions on nutrition, health, responsive caregiving, and play with indigenous communities in 6 Departments in the Western Highlands, North, and East of Guatemala. The COP will based in Quetzaltenango to lead a team of seven project staff and four implementing partners located throughout the 6 Departments, with additional technical support from ChildFund regional and global technical advisors. The COP will serve as the project’s principal contact point for the donor and will also be the project’s main contact for government and civil society stakeholders. The position will be based in Quetzaltenango with frequent travel across the departments of San Marcos, Quiché, Totonicapán, Sololá, Alta Verapaz, and Chiquimula.
University degree in a relevant discipline closely related and with equivalent relevant work experience
- Ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible work experience implementing multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills in the areas of health, nutrition, education and/or community development;
- At least five (5) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted development programs;
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally with government, civil society, and other partners;
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically;
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues and best practice, in relation to working with indigenous families and communities;
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Direct experience with working with communities in the Western Highlands;
- Ability to drive oneself around project sites;
- Demonstrated experience working with parenting behavior change interventions.
|City, State:||Ciudad de Guatemala|