We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Logistics Assistant in Madaba for the GIZ project.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
DRC is currently establishing a presence in Madaba for their afforestation project at Wadi Mujib Dam and is looking for a qualified individual to handle the logistics of the project. Please note: This position requires commute up to 5 times per week between the field office in Madaba and the project location next to Wadi Mujib dam, and possibly to Amman. There will be a vehicle with a driver provided for these commutes from the Madaba field office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collecting quotations for all supplies
• Procurement and installation of office equipment and supplies at the field office and/or work site
• Handle all logistic issues, including simple maintanance
• Responsible for facility keys, open and closing the field office and/or work site
• Responsible for refilling water and gas cylinders
• Coordinate equipment and supplies inventory with head office
• Make a copy of records for Order requests and invoices, including digital, and other logistics documentation
• Complete all tasks related to the VIMS (Vehicle Information Management System)
• Approve all exchange of vehicles for replacement, service and repairs
• Ensure that vehicles are cleaned and refulled
• Ensure that log books are present in all vehicles, collect complete logs, calculate monthly KM and fuel usage and report private KM usage to finance for billing
• Receive traffic fines and other claims and identify correct recipient
• Ability to drive DRC vehicle/staff from Madaba to Amman and/or work site, but primarily for procurements/logistics purposes, if necessary
To be successful in this role you must have:
• One year working experience in International Non-governmental organizations .
• Prior experience in logistics work .
• Basic ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) .
• Good working knowledge of English and fluency in Arabic .
• Valid Jordanian driver’s license .
• Understanding of local markets and pricing .
• Ability to keep good track of financial documents and fill out paperwork carefully and accurately.
• High school degree .
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Madaba -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Staff National Salary Scale; Grade C.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 25 October 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website http://www.drc.ngo