OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Grants Assistant will fully support the Grants Coordinator and Grants Manger to ensure PIH’s financial and grants management processes and procedures are achieved by collecting, reviewing and filing grants financial accountability documents in line with donor rules and regulations and as well as PIH’s internal policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enhancing internal and external Grants Management
- Supports the grants team with the day-to-day grants’ management and activities implementation.
- Supports the grants coordinator to review daily grants related financial and procurement documents for completeness and quality
- Reviews daily expenditures documents for completeness (supercode, fund code, program code, etc) and quality during disbursement or liquidation in line with PIH internal policies
- Supports the grants coordinator to timely and accurately file all grant(s) related documents from pre-award to post and close-out stages and audit
- Reviews project activity terms of reference (TOR) in line with the project budget, supercode sheet and etc before the activity commences.
- Coordinates the delivery of donor communication and reports
- Accurately scans and photocopies grants financial documents and reports and files them logically.
- Records Grants launches and BVA Meeting minutes and shares for review of the Grants Coordinator before sharing attendees via email
- Follow up with team member(s) within the field to ensure collection of grant financial accountability documents (cash receipts, event reports, attendance sheets, boarding passes, commodities/supplies distribution logs, etc)
- Supports the grants team during donor “AUDIT”.
- Support the grants coordinator doing monthly budget monitoring report preparation
- Submit monthly work progress report to the grants coordinator
- Perform other job-related documents not limited to above as requested.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study (Finance, Economics or any other discipline)
- I year of professional experience
- Have knowledge with national/international organization(s) and experienced in finance or any field.
- Familiarization with PIH internal policies and controls
- Ability to work in excel.
- Ability to be coachable.
- Ability to work in teams and under pressure
Note: females are highly encouraged to apply.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.