Responsible for providing finance and accounting services, including financial reporting, budget development and financial analysis, audits, and cash management for local partner programs and Country Office.
Budget and Monitoring
- Ensures that all financial transactions and operations comply with organization policies, systems and procedures and donor requirements. Monitors project fund utilization compliance and provides training for corrective actions, if necessary.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date knowledge on funds available to the CO and continually provide feedback to the management for decision making for monthly fund allocation
- Keep up to date status on currency fluctuations and work with the supervisor in adopting adjustments when needed
- Ensuring all transactions fed to the EFIN system and make sure the accuracy and completeness of all transactions with correct coding and journal entries.
- Responsible for coordination of annual external audit; preparation of required documentation and support implementation of the resulting plan of action and audit corrective measures.
Budget Monitoring and Analysis (LP)
- Responsible to review local partner budget, finance reports and coordinate with LP finance officers for corrections, improvements etc.
- Consolidated all LPs monthly accounts, and prepare finance dashboard
- Feeding required information in the NFM dashboard.
- Attend NFM month Funding decision meeting
- Communicating Monthly finance reports comments to all LPs
- Preparation of monthly FRF in collaboration with other relevant departments, sending FRF to IO
- Provide inputs from funding perspective during the fund allocation process and decisions
- Preparation of analysis on financial management performance of each partner as an inputs for annual planning
- Maintain accurate and detail status of funds available, funds spent and major challenges on spending with partners
- Support local partners in capacity building as and when required
- Responsible for corporation and coordination Local Partner audits and monitoring of HQMS
- INGO reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 plus years’ experience.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in accounting, including analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, and financial software/ reporting systems. Experience in an organization with UN/EU/USG Grants Standard Provisions and Financial Requirements preferable.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Accounting Standards, internal controls, and segregation of duties.
- Good understanding of administrative, financial and general management principles and skilled in financial reporting, budgeting and taxes.
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under tight time constraints.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal communicative skills; experience in team leadership and participatory management.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language required.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree. CPA or ACCA is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.