Position Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Freetown & Koidu, Sierra Leone
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for supply chain operations spanning program sites in Kono and Freetown. The position is dynamic in nature and requires broad supply chain knowledge to strengthen all components of the supply chain, including sourcing, procurement, warehousing, logistics, and inventory management. Along with technical supply chain expertise, the role will require significant process development, implementation, and execution across all supply chain components to maximize value for money and minimize stock outs. The role provides oversight and monitoring for the supply chain of medical commodities including critical medications, lab reagents, and biomedical materials, as well as administrative and infrastructure materials including stationary, cleaning materials, and spare parts.
- Ensure effective supply chain operations from request all the way to delivery to end user.
- Building capacity among the supply chain team through on the job training and organized learning.
- Partnering with Boston based Supply Chain team to coordinate and harmonize international supply chain operations with local organizational activities.
- Oversee transport and procurement operations, including developing and strengthening protocols/policies for standardizing daily operating procedures for stock management, procurement, and logistics.
- Partner with clinical teams to regularly review inventory and address both acute and long term priorities.
- Accountable for making sure supply chain operations are compliant with grant funding requirements.
- Oversee the management and distribution of laptops.
- Implement procedures to track and maintain high value assets, including medical equipment and vehicles.
- Manage policy relationships with the national supply chain system, understand which supplies are available from the government, and keep abreast of funding landscape for healthcare commodities in Sierra Leone
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree In Supply chain Management/ Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain or business administration experience, preferably in formal supply chain environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and empower a diverse team focused on many priorities.
- Comfort with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and need to juggle competing demands in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Strong quantitative skills with expertise in Excel and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Ability to initiate, plan, organize, and lead projects.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Strong organizational skills and operational and business analytics thinking.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate political astuteness, and tact.
- Prior experience working in Africa and in resource poor settings, a plus.
- Sense of humor and flexible disposition very helpful.
- Interest in social justice and global health.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.