Finance Manager – Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program
Grade : D3
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading Local Zambian Organisation with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. SFH work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations, provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
SFH seeks an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Finance Manager, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program. The Finance Manager will support financial and administration oversight to the project. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
This position is contingent upon award from DOD.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The role and responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Perform monthly field finance reviews, establish accurate fund accountability statements, and work closely with country teams to address issues and risks associated with questioned costs.
- Produce routine and ad-hoc financial reports, project status updates, cash forecasts, project budgets and other data and spending analyses.
- Produce Quarterly DHAPP Fiscal Reports in order to monitor expenditures according to the program budget codes.
- Review subcontractors’ invoices, establish their fund accountability statements, work closely with respective subcontractors and the PSI Grants and Contracts Department to timely resolve issues and risks associated with questioned costs.
- Manage the preparation of documents, including PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and correspondence.
- Create and maintain filing systems and databases and support the management of department related resources on SharePoint.
- Ensure that relevant reconciliation, financial reports and audits are completed accurately, on time and submitted as appropriate in a timely manner
- Develop, implement and maintain financial management procedures, risk assessments and control measures to manage, monitor and audit transactions across identifying corrective measures as required;
- Review payment requests and ERP Payment Voucher;
- Request funds for Operating Advance Requests
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a reputable learning institution;
- At least 5 years successful experience as a country finance manager of donor-funded technical assistance projects of similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff and quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables
- Substantial financial management experience on USG contracts/cooperative agreements including policy, procedural and reporting requirements; Knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR a plus.
- Experience with ERP and/or QuickBooks financial software preferred
- Expert Excel user, including pivot tables and advanced functions; familiarity with data query tools is helpful.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in fluent English.
- Current work authorization in Zambia preferred.
- Post Graduate Diploma in accounting such as CIMA, ACCA, ZICA.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and The Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Other skills and attributes
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
- Coaching/mentoring skills
- Training and facilitation skills
- Change management skills
- Problem solving
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic management skills
- Team leadership skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Maintains confidentiality
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: HR Department or send to The – Human Resources Manager, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka- Clearly indicate “Finance Manager – DOD” Closing Date: 28th January 2020.