Position: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Operations
Project: Community Resilience Activity (CRA) / Azm-e-Pakistan
Base of Operations: Islamabad, Pakistan
Period of Performance: Full-time; LTTA
CRA supports small scale activity programming in Punjab and Sindh. The activities are designed to support organizations, including government entities, local organizations and community groups, to implement peace building and community development activities. Funding for this award is being provided by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The DCOP – Oper a tions is a sen ior management team m e mber who plays an integ ral r o le in supporting the p r o ject t eam to ensure compli ance, t ranspa rency and accoun tabilit y. S/he oversees day- t o -day pr o ject operations and adm inistr a tion, including finance, p rocu rement, human resources, I.T., oper a tional systems, and l og isti cs, ensuring smooth implementation and program integrity, working closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and the DCOP – Programs.
The DCOP – Operations w ill prov ide d i rect technical oversi ght to se ven direct reports and administrative supervision to two direct reports working in the above listed functions. Direct reports are based in Islamabad, Karachi and Punjab. Regular travel to Karachi, Northern Sindh and Southern Punjab is required, as well as other locations within Pakistan as may be necessary.
Scope of Work – Dut i es and Respons ibi lities:
Leadersh ip and Manage ment:
- Manage CRA’s day- t o -day operations (i ncl uding the pr o j ect ‘s fac iliti es such as of f ice spa ce, equipment and pr o ject vehi c les ), adm ini s tr a tion, log istics, pr ocurement, budgeting and fi nanc ial accounting.
- Provide management oversight and direction to functional team leads, including remotely for those based in Karachi and Punjab.
- Ensure ti mely dissem inati on of new i n itiati ves and policies and monit or t heir i mplementati on for project efficiency.
- Work cl ose ly with the COP and pa rt ners in manag ing eff ecti ve relationshi ps wi th the donor.
- Encourage mentorship and capac ity bu il d ing of s t a f f; conduct ope r a tional t rai n ings and ref res hers as needed t hroughout t he li fe of the pr oject.
- Ensure t hat p rog ram i mplementation is in acco rdance with DAI policies and procedures, working closely with the DAI Home Office, and with USAID regulations including the s pecifications det e r m ined in t he CRA T ask Order.
- Manage the USG/USAID required vetting pr ocesse s / p rocedur es, e nsuring ti mel y and accurate submission of required information.
- Stay apprised of and ensure adherence to other USG/USAID required procedures as may become necessary.
Operations and Administration:
- Provide management oversight to the procurement, administration, I.T., and security teams.
- Ensure t hat all ope r a tional/log istical pr ocedu res are cor rec tly f o llowed by all staff and propose /develop i mpr ov e ments as and when required.
- Manage subcon tr act o rs or ser v ice -prov iders who provide con ti nuous or d isc r e te support to the p rog ram ’s oper a tional pl a t for m.
- Provide management oversight to the Human Resources team, ensuring t hat all r ecr u it ment and staff management is conducted in acco rdance wi th DAI policies and procedures, and app licab le Pak istani laws.
- Ensure t hat all new and cur rent staff a re tr a ined on personnel po li c i es, adm ini s t rati ve procedures, and pr ocu rement and support HR to identify internal training oppo rtunities f or p r o ject staff to f u rt her develop capac ity and competency
- Provide management oversight to the Finance team, ensuring smooth day-to-day financial operations and compliance with DAI policies and systems, USAID regulations and Pakistani law.
- Work with the COP on the rev iew and ana l ysis of budget esti mates for allowab ility, allocab ilit y, reasonab leness and consist ency
- Bachelor ’s or advanced deg ree in busi ness, managem ent, f inance, or a r e l a ted deg ree from an accredited uni versit y;
- Mi n i m um se ven years (with advanced or professional deg r ee) or 10 yea rs ( w ith bachel o r ’s deg ree) of r e levant profes s ional experience working with global development projects;
- Exper ience wi th g ran ts or s mall g rants under con tr act prog rams strong ly pr e f e rr ed;
- Fluency in US A ID’s policies and pr ocedures in regard to human resources, financial management, financial repo rting, procu r e ment processes, s ystems, and g rant manag e ment;
- Exper ience work ing in develop ing coun t r ies is requ i red, pr e f e rab ly in fragile and/or transition programs in insecure environments;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Exper ience work ing in Sou th and Centr al Asia and on transition prog rams in insecure env ironments is preferable but not r equired;
- Fluency in written and oral Eng lish is required;
- Fluency in written and oral Urdu is preferable, but not required.