Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID Jordan Technical Assistance Program (JTAP). JTAP will transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan ( GoJ ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms supported by direct USAID investment, by providing complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders. The project is expected to begin in early 2021.
SI is seeking a Local DCOP to lead the evaluation component of JTAP. The Local DCOP will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and support the COP in management of the contract. This will be a full-time position for the duration of the contract.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship are eligible to apply.**
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to the overall management of the JTAP activity.
- Collaborate with partners in the youth development and education sectors to develop, mobilize and institutionalize positive practices in the GoJ.
- Assemble and manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team. Interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions in the education and youth development sectors.
- Support the COP in the oversight and administration of the contract.
- Serve as the Acting Chief of Party in the absence of the COP.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in education, youth development, organizational development, international development, or a related field.
- At least five years of project management experience.
- At least 5 years experience working in education and/or youth systems in Jordan and demonstrated knowledge of the Jordan Ministry of Education, the public education system in Jordan, and the variety of challenges it faces.
- Demonstrated ability to support the COP in the supervision a team in order to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of quality and timeliness within teams of consultants and internal staff.
- Proven successful leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context.
- Previous experience working closely with local government partners across all levels to accomplish project objectives.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.