Chemonics seeks a Country Director for the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nepal. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The Country Director is responsible for providing overall strategic direction and leadership for the GHSC-PSM project in Nepal. The County Director will manage the development of technical strategies and work plans; monitor programmatic, financial and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage short and long-term technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with the client, the home office, the public and private sectors, and other donors and cooperating agencies. This is a long-term position based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients and partners including USAID and host country government.
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the ministry of health, and other stakeholders.
- Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field staff.
- Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize and control resources to achieve goals.
- Develop, update and implement performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures.
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems.
- Report results of the projects’ work to USAID, ministry of health, other funders, and the home office. Ensure timely submission of all regular and ad hoc deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Advanced degree in health, supply chain, or management-related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, supply chain management systems, and/or systems strengthening
- Experience leading implementation of Management Information systems (MIS) is strongly preferred.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Experience working on USAID programs in close collaboration with USAID is preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English is required.
- Relevant country or regional experience is preferred.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by December 15, 2021. Please include “Nepal Country Director” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, finalists will be contacted.