At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a Country Director who will provide effective leadership and management to CARE International (CI) staff and other stakeholders to undertake CARE International’s role in addressing poverty and injustice and providing humanitarian assistance when needed consistent with CI’s Vision, Mission, and Focus. The Country Director has overall responsibility and leadership to ensure the relevance, impact, and cost-effectiveness of CARE International in Pakistan. S/he represents CI in the country, guiding a relevant program strategy development and implementation, ensuring effective humanitarian capacity and timely response, leading operational planning, and overseeing financial, operations and human resource management, including the safety and security of all CI staff and visitors in Pakistan.
- Representation and Communications
- Program Development and Implementation
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Safety and Security
- Country Office Strategic and Operational Planning and Implementation
- Country Office Financial, Budget and Administration Management
- Human Resources Development and Management
- Communication, information and public relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- Minimum of ten years of experience in international development and humanitarian assistance;
- At least five years of successful experience at the senior management level in international settings, in contexts similar to Pakistan;
- Demonstrated experience of development and humanitarian programs relevant to the situation of Pakistan;
- Solid understanding of financial and budget management, and of best practice programming;
- Proven abilities in decision-making and problem-solving including in dynamic contexts;
- Visibly and consistently demonstrate high standards for CIs core values;
- Demonstrated leadership and management competency at a senior executive level in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, team player, creativity, appreciation of efficiency, highly organized, ability to handle detail concurrent with strategic issues, and reverence of deadlines and time obligations;
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity;
- Experience leading an organization through organizational change;
- Have demonstrated experience, patience and the ability to work in diverse, cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner;
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high-stress situations;
- Excellent communication skills, an ability to work under stress, patience, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills; and positive attitude.