Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Early Grade Learning activity in Nepal. This five-year activity will seek to provide technical assistance in the education sector to strengthen the capacity of national, provincial, and municipal government entities to improve learning outcomes for early grade students. This position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the Activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that work plan, MEL, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements, project objectives, and USAID guidance
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Nepal, Nepali counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Ensure the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity that comply with applicable regulations and Chemonics policies
- Advanced degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development, teacher professional development or other relevant technical fields preferred
- Minimum of ten years of technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas: early grade reading, disability inclusion, curriculum and material design, and/or capacity development in the education sector
- Experience serving as USAID chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity required
- Strong leadership ability and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Familiarity with Asia, specifically in the education sector; experience in Nepal is highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Nepali is preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to NepalEGLCOP@chemonics.com by June 25, 2020 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.