Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Higher Education Activity. By strengthening higher education as a key driver of inclusive growth, the activity builds upon the significant gains made by the Philippines in addressing challenges in higher education, innovation, and human capital development. It will also support ongoing efforts to respond and adapt to the medium and long-term challenges that COVID-19 has presented to the higher education sector. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity, ensuring alignment with the project’s vision
- Lead strategic planning of the project, such as annual work planning; oversee implementation of workplan activities and delivery of annual targets
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Philippines, Philippine counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders; serve as liaison between USAID, government counterparts, program stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics’ program management unit on all program related matters
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant and complementary activities are implemented effectively; identify issues and risk associated with implementation in a timely manner and guide appropriate adjustments
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff
- Advanced degree in education, education policy, or other relevant technical fields required; PhD preferred
- Minimum of ten years of technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas: higher education, nonformal education, TVET, workforce development, and capacity development
- Experience leading complex international development programs is required; experience serving as a USAID chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development, professional development, systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation (MEL), and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA)
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and cooperating with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, private sector businesses, associations, and civil society organizations
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements
- Familiarity with Asia, specifically in the education sector; experience in the Philippines is highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to email@example.com by January 31, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/