Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Bridging the Line Project: Building Confidence across the Line of Contact through Key Issue Collaboration in Ukraine. The project aims to build confidence and connections among Ukrainians in both the government-controlled areas and the non-government-controlled areas through collaboration on key economic and environmental issues. The chief of party will provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to develop and execute program activities in line with the project’s strategic long-term vision. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to develop and execute program activities in line with the project’s strategic long-term vision
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, senior government officials, private sector leaders, and international and local partners
- Ensure that project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Oversee work planning, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications
- An advanced degree in international development, economics, business, social sciences, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant senior-level professional experience required
- Demonstrated record of managing donor-funded programs to address conflict or promote successful economic growth. Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred
- Proven ability to build relationships and work effectively with government representatives and other stakeholders in a politically sensitive and potentially insecure environment
- Demonstrated project management and leadership experience
- Experience working on donor funded programming in conflict zones such as Eastern Ukraine, preferably in the Europe and Eurasia region, is preferred
- Experience working in Ukraine or the Europe and Eurasia region on economic growth activities strongly preferred. Experience working on environmental activities a plus
- Demonstrated versatility and integrity
- Fluency in English required, Russian preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to BTLUkrainerecruit@chemonics.com by December, 30, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.