CALL FOR RESUMES
Chief of Party
DAI seeks qualified Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated economic growth program, to be funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The successful bidder, will support USAID missions throughout the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region with tools, assessments, analyses, activities, strategic planning and program design to address challenges and opportunities specific to the MENA Region through state-of-the-art tools and knowledge management for economic and financial management policy issues facing the region. Activities will promote best practices that support private sector investment and sustainable, inclusive economic growth. Representative assistance needs may include: SME development, economic governance, business enabling environment improvements, financial sector improvements, policy and institutional reforms, and/or trade and investment promotion. Assistance at the macro and institutional levels will be addressed, including youth and gender inclusion issues. Knowledge management that supports policy and best practices that pave way to equitable outcomes and inclusive growth is essential to overall MEG program success.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall program coordination and management, including the strategic vision, field visits to Missions in the MENA Region, development and implementation of work plans, overseeing budgets and performance monitoring plans, and reporting. S/he will serve as the primary liaison to USAID Washington, Mission representatives, operating units within USAID, and key government counterparts and stakeholders, providing thought leadership for strategy, intervention, and program design for a variety of economic, financial and business management reforms that address systemic challenges. The Chief of Party will maintain a roster of highly qualified regional and international consultants and external resources to structure and staff country assessment and research teams to be fielded as needed to support MENA regional programming initiatives. S/he will monitor program effectiveness/outcomes to capture best practices for learning and knowledge sharing and in applying those methodologies. S/he will be the primary POC to USAID missions, operating units and Washington staff to deliver workshops, conduct pilot activities, or other knowledge-sharing activities; and will supervise program implementation and staff to ensure compliance with DAI ethics, procedures and policies as well as USAID rules and regulations.
The Chief of Party should meet the minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible international development experience in managing and implementing economic, business and/or financial management programs;
- 4 or more years of practical hands-on experience overseas as Team Leader or Chief of Party for donor-funded projects; or senior management of portfolios of similar complexity, particularly in transitional, conflict, or post-conflict countries in the MENA region;
- Technical expertise in one or more related program areas: SME development, business enabling environment, access to finance, trade reforms, workforce development, public financial management, accounting reform, policy reforms, youth and women programming, private sector development and investment, and enterprise growth.
- Experience working collaboratively with donors, host country governments, financial systems, and private sector partners;
- Ability to travel overseas, sometimes with short notice, required.
- Professional fluency in English in speaking, reading, and writing. Arabic and/or French language proficiency is desirable.
- Excellent verbal presentation and writing skills required.
- Ability to interact regularly and professionally with USAID missions, senior host-government and private-sector counterparts on economic policy and strategic and operational planning issues required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other contractors and teams implementing donor-funded programs, including activities in different sectors such as agriculture, infrastructure and democracy/governance.
- Demonstrated ethical management approach.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter via the DAI Careers page. Only short listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information. Thank you.