The 4-year activity will be designed to enhance Egypt’s competitiveness as a tourism destination and generate more tourism revenue and local economic benefits.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Egypt.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall management, coordination, oversight and ensure that activities and sub-partners are coordinated and achieve intended results. This individual will be the key liaison with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners. Her/his primary responsibilities will be aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP position requires political savviness, as s/he will interact with numerous institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials. The COP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
· Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
· At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
· Demonstrated experience in tourism and/or private sector development, with some experience in Egypt preferred;
· Experience in managing large scale activities, strategic planning and implementation of related activities;
· Demonstrated experience in adaptive management;
· Demonstrated success in private sector partnerships, relevant experience in tourism preferred;
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
· Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
· Fluency in English required, Arabic is preferred.