CARE is seeking for Project Director/Chief of Party for the USAID funded Integrated Rural Program to Improve Nutrition & Hygiene in Mali project has overall responsibility for high quality program implementation, achievement of project deliverables, timely reporting, management of staff, donor and host country relationships, fiduciary oversight etc. The Project Director serves as CARE’s key liaison to USAID, government counterparts, local organizations, other stakeholders and program partners. This project is expected to run for 5 years till December 2018. This program is in response to the humanitarian crisis evolving from a complex emergency as well as the long term development challenges in Mali and aims to build resilience for optimal health outcomes, especially of women and children. The Project Director will be based in Bamako.
- Project Management
- Staff Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Reflection and Learning
- CO Management
- Perform other responsibilities
- At least 5 years’ experience managing large USG budgets
- Familiarity with USAID’s reporting, procurement, and project management policies and procedures.
- Professional experience in working with USAID-supported cooperating agencies, donors, USAID missions, and international counterpart organizations; as well as other USG agencies a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with international donors and agencies
- Excellent interpersonal and cross cultural skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing similarly complex projects in West African countries, especially the Sahel, involving multi-million dollar budgets, coordination with multiple programs, operations research, and managing partner institutions.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills in quickly assessing priorities and opportunities and managing a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to convene/chair high profile meetings. Understanding of USAID procurement processes, procedures, and grants management.
- Multiple language skills (English, French (required), and Bamabara) are a plus.
- Technical proficiency in nutrition agriculture, water supply, sanitation, and/or hygiene, and behavior change communication program design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the cross-sectoral application of WASH strategies to improve health, livelihoods and nutrition.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of state-of-the-art WASH practices and approaches. Knowledge and prior application of participatory methodologies.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.