Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated multi-year USAID Urban Adaptation Financing Activity that will help increase the capacity of secondary cities in Asia, through targeted technical assistance and capacity strengthening, to develop technically sound and investment-worthy climate change adaptation project proposals and connect them to public and private sources of climate funding/finance.
- Oversee the program’s scope of work and provide technical leadership
- Manage country program and multi-disciplinary team, oversee project budget and performance, deliver project results, and monitor achievement of results
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with USAID and local counterparts to ensure effective coordination of project activities with relevant ministries and agencies, civil society and private sector organizations, international donor institutions, various project stakeholders, and other USAID and U.S. government-funded initiatives
Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience leading and managing complex development programs and diverse teams; experience directing USAID-funded projects preferred
- Relevant technical experience in climate change adaptation mainstreaming and planning at national and sub-national levels, urban infrastructure financing through public and private sources, environmental governance and policy, and/or institutional strengthening
- Nuanced understanding of social, economic, legislative, environmental, and cultural context of the region
- Experience managing regional projects, Asia experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability strengthening regional cooperation (i.e. ASEAN) and working closely with host-government countries
- Proven interpersonal skills and exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Send electronic submissions to RDMAUAFA@chemonics.com. Please include “chief of party” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Thailand chief of party” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.