Contingent upon the USAID award, World Education, Inc. (WEI) seeks a qualified Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded ConnectEd program in St. Lucia. This program will use a positive youth development approach to improve upper primary and secondary digital literacy for teachers and students while helping youth build sought after skills in todayâ€™s job market.
Based in St. Lucia, the Chief of Party will provide direction, monitoring & evaluation and oversight for in-country programmatic, administrative and financial management. S/he will supervise project staff; ensure compliance to donor and internal policies and procedures; coordinate communications with HQ; and serve as the primary point of contact with local partners and stakeholders.
- Serve as the programâ€™s general project manager; providing technical, financial and administrative leadership and expertise on program design, development, and implementation
- Oversee project progress, finances, USAID deliverables, quality assurance and operational functions to ensure project goals and objectives are being met
- Monitor and supervise partner and staff performance throughout the project lifecycle
- Liaise closely with USAID to ensure technical compliance of USAID guidelines and regulations
- Provide progress reports, implementation and evaluation plans, budgets to USAID on time
- Manage partner relations and communication channels to promote harmonization, safety, and collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Serve as project point of contact for World Education, USAID, and other relevant stakeholders
- Maintain ongoing and regular communications with the World Education home office
- Must be committed to the positive development of youth
- Master’s Degree or higher in education, international development, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required; Ph.D. or DrPH highly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing and managing large, complex projects involving multiple partners
- At least 3 years of experience in digital learning, teacher training, or positive youth development
- Extensive experience working in Saint Lucia or the broader Caribbean region on education programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management including USAID rules and regulation and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated international credibility as a program leader and manager
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for-profit and nonprofit actors
- Knowledgeable in Positive Youth Development Approach, Universal Design for Learning, and Do No Harm Approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English are required
- St. Lucia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 03/10/2021.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.