Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID program to support local service provision in Egypt. The program is expected to support the institutional capacity of local government, local service delivery (e.g., solid waste management, sanitation, street lights, road building, and fire brigades); participatory planning; and fiscal reform. The chief of party will lead the program team, overseeing the strategic vision and implementation of activities and program initiatives. We seek individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program leadership, management, and technical direction
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and international and regional partners
- Ensure that all program assistance is technically sound and appropriate •Direct implementation of the program’s strategic goals
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Advanced degree in public administration, urban and regional planning, international development, economics, political science or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, including work involving local service provision and institutional capacity building, with experience working in a developing country, preferably in Egypt or other countries in the Middle East
- Minimum five years of experience as chief of party, managing complex activities that involve coordination with multiple project stakeholders across a range of implementation areas
- Expertise in solid waste and sanitation, institutional capacity building, water and wastewater provision, utility provision, street lighting, fiscal reform, business process reengineering, participatory planning, and city management
- Experience designing and implementing institutional capacity building and organizational development programs for government officials, on a local and national level
- Experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple project partner institutions
- Strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting skills preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership in designing, managing, implementing, and monitoring and evaluating USAID or other donor-supported projects
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required; Arabic proficiency preferred but not required
Please send an updated CV and cover letter detailing your relevant work experience to email@example.com. Please include “Egypt Local Service Provision” in the subject line.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “COP – ELS” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.