- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, administrative, financial, operational and logistical management
- Provides overall project vision and leadership; manage overall project design and delivery
- Fosters and maintains effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation
- Oversees preparation and delivery of high-quality deliverables to USAID, including quarterly, annual, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office
- Ensures synergies across technical components of the project; establishes good team planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in youth -related elements of workforce development, and/or private sector development and economic growth projects in senior role
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements; past Chief of Party experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated program management and organizational skills in managing, implementing, and monitoring effective program budgets, finances, and personnel
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in East Africa
- Demonstrated knowledge of market systems and private sector engagement
- Demonstrated experience working with, and building the capacity and voice of, marginalized groups, including women and youth
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English is required
- Experience working East Africa required.