We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Department: Global Health, Education, and Economic Growth Practice/ International
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the Data, Evaluation, Learning and Technical Assistance (DELTA) Activity. The COP will provide technical leadership on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) as a core part of DELTA’s support to USAID/Liberia. DELTA is designed with the purpose of building mission teams’ agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context of Liberia and produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Liberia on overall project management matters and will serve as the main point of contact with the COR and USAID/Liberia’s Contracting Officer. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring control and the overall responsiveness of project activities and deliverables under the USAID/Liberia DELTA contract.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall compliance with the contract.
- Provide overall management, guidance, and direction to the project team.
- Supervise a team of project staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Oversee the completion of all deliverables required under this project as well as overall compliance with the task order.
- Provide overall management of the project team, including technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations.
- Lead the development of the Annual Work Plan.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel based in the Mission.
- Serve as a contributing writer for all deliverables as needed.
- Manage subcontractor and consultant financial, contractual and compliance issues.
- Ensure compliance to IBTCI global policies and establish additional standard project implementation and operations procedures and schedules as needed.
- Manage the project field office budget, financial reporting, local procurement and vendor purchase orders.
- Oversee staff and subcontractor security in Liberia.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in international development monitoring and evaluation
- At least 5 years of experience managing USAID projects
- Excellent client responsiveness and a proven track record of successful program implementation and production of high-quality deliverables
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in fragile settings
- Strong financial management skills and experience managing USAID contracts
- Expertise in USAID policies and practices for performance monitoring
- Proven experience managing sub-contractors
- Excellent team work, inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Liberia as needed
Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or related technical field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous technical experience working on programs implemented in Liberia
- Familiarity with development issues related to health, energy, agriculture, and democracy
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com