The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term local staff and short-term international and local experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and reprioritization of activities when necessary. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the contractual relationship with USAID
- Provide direct technical and intellectual direction and leadership, interacting with Pakistan government officials at national and provincial levels of government and private sector associations
- Manage, lead, and oversee all staff in achieving project results; oversee the planning process and produce a strategic plan for project deliverables.
- Coordinate with other actors working on complimentary activities such as DFID, the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
- Manage staff overseeing financial, administrative and logistical aspects
- Advanced degree in Economics, International Affairs/Development, Political Science, Business Administration or similar
- Minimum of 10 years previous professional experience in fields closely related to business enabling environment (including public administration, legal analysis, local and foreign investment)
- Minimum of 7 years of senior-level experience in managing a related donor-funded activity in developing countries required, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Team Leader, or Technical Director experience with proven project management, leadership, and technical skills; USAID and Pakistan experience preferred
- Excellent collaboration/donor coordination skills required.
- Fluency in English is required