International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI seeks a Chief of Party for our Performance Management and Support Program in Iraq. The purpose of project is to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Iraq staff and to verify, monitor and support USAID program performance evaluation in Iraq. This position starts immediately.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the program and focus on achieving the results defined in the task order.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner.
- Implement appropriate program adjustments.
- Act as the key liaison between IBTCI and USAID/Iraq.
- Supervise, develop and mentor staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of progressively responsible experience in project/program management.
- Successful leadership in a multi-cultural environment in a development context.
- Design and manage of Monitoring and Evaluation systems for development projects.
- In-depth technical knowledge or monitoring, evaluation methods and performance management including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting, evaluation design and planning, experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation design, and management/dissemination of evaluations.
- Knowledge of development assistance programming monitoring and reporting.
- At least 10 years of previous experience in developing countries required.
- Proven experience of management competence, professional achievement, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated program management experience required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic desirable.
- Master’s degree in international development, social administration or political science required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.