JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Chief of Party (COP) position for a USAID-funded HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV/AIDS Project in India. The project will focus on assisting the Government of India (GOI) in accelerating epidemic control to achieve an AIDS-free generation in India consistent with the National Strategic Plan (NSP) for HIV/AIDS and STI.
Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in India. The Chief of Party will report to the JSI home office Senior Advisor.
- Provide high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project;
- Represent the project to USAID, local governments and other key stakeholders, including KP-focused CSOs and local NGOs;
- Develop and oversee implementation of a resource leveraging plan that will expand the reach of project activities and contribute to sustainability;
- Foster an enabling HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment policy and regulatory environment with national ministries and local stakeholders;
- Lead the development and implementation of the project work plans and program evaluations;
- Assure the quality and timeliness of evaluations, training curricula and reports and other deliverables;
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the contract including subcontracts and other partnership agreements; and
- Maintain ongoing and regular communications with the JSI home office
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, international development, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required;
- At least 15 years of experience designing, implementing and managing large, complex projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries;
- Experience in India delivering services in HIV prevention, care and treatment to key, priority or marginalized populations, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, quality improvement, and policy development is highly desired;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management including USAID rules and regulations;
- Excellent leadership qualities and in-depth HIV technical and management expertise;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for-profit and non-profit sectors;
- Experience interacting with host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies; and
- Fluency in English required; Indian main local languages proficiency preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.