ICF’s Disaster Management division seeks a Technical Specialist who will support FEMA Public Assistance (PA) and Hazard Mitigation projects in the New York metro area. As a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for completing damage assessments of critical infrastructure, developing inspection reports, and preparing detailed technical evaluations of work completed for federal program compliance.
• Inspect damage to critical utility infrastructure including poles, primary wires, secondary wires, services, primary insulator, transformers, fuses, reclosers, regulators, substations, etc.
• Inspect damage to other critical infrastructure facilities, including hospitals and other utilities
• Identify all necessary repairs required for restoration
• Develop cost information and estimates for repair /replacement of disaster-related damage
• Gather and evaluate technical data for input into project worksheets (PWs) for FEMA-eligible damages
• After construction, perform inspections to validate work has been completed• Prepare detailed technical reports demonstrating project has complied with all federal requirements
• 5+ years of relevant damage assessment experience for infrastructure projects, specifically in the utility sector
• 5+ years of FEMA project experience
• Expertise with RSMEANS• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Construction Management, Project Development, Hazard Mitigation Measures, Engineering or Architecture
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations, policies, and guidance within the FEMA Public Assistance Program
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. • Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)