Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest for qualified local and regional candidates for a range of technical positions needed to staff an anticipated USAID-funded Activity in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The purpose of the anticipated Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, which includes Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu, Tanganyika. Tetra Tech seeks candidates specialized in the following areas:
* Inclusive Value Chain Development – including but not limited to aquaculture, livestock/animal husbandry, and horticulture (vegetable production)
* Extension Services
* Food Security
* Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture
* Climate Smart Agriculture
* Public Private Partnerships
* Producer Organization and Institutional Capacity Building
* Market Systems Strengthening
* Gender Integration
* Youth Empowerment and Entrepreneurship
* Social Behavior Change Communications, especially for WASH, Nutrition, and Health
* Conflict sensitivity and mediation
* Land tenure/governance/customary administration and conflict resolution
* University degree in a related field of expertise required (BAC +4)
* A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in the field of interest
* At least one year’s experience preferred working on livelihoods, agriculture, and/or conflict mitigation development projects funded by USAID or other major donors;
* Professional, relevant experience in Eastern DRC is required; regional experience in Ituri is beneficial;
* Fluency in French required, and fluency in English desired (reading, speaking, writing);
* Proficiency in Swahili and local languages essential
Only Congolese nationals may apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.