The LINKAGES M&E/SI Technical Officer provides technical assistance and support to LINKAGES/Indonesia in all aspects of strategic information, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E), information systems development and maintenance, and surveillance.
Support in implementation of LINKAGES M&E work plan and monitor the deliverables can be achieved in timely and completely
Provide technical assistance and support to provincial and district partners in M&E system, QA/QI, surveillance, data analysis and data use of HIV cascade.
· Support the operational research and or any kind of research/study team in Papua
· Work with LINKAGES Evidence Based Coordinator, to ensure that programs are well monitored and evaluated, with appropriate indicators of success, and impact measurements
· Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to LINKAGES M&E work plan
· Participate actively in program planning process and budgeting
· Assist Evidence Based Coordinator, in developing monthly and quarterly reports
· Assist Evidence Based Coordinator, in developing LINKAGES work plan and budget process
· Share learning from M&E process with Papua Evidence Based Team and Senior Technical Advisor, M&E/SI
· Work collaboratively and closely communication with Papua Evidence Based Team, Senior Technical Advisor, M&E/SI and other LINKAGES team for strengthening integration and cross-learning in program
· As requested, provide strategic information
· Perform other duties as assigned
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds rapport with internal and external staff.
- Decision may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments or projects.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public health, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in M&E positions with responsibility for developing and implementing M&E activities of development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience working on HIV-AIDS program and advantage if experience in providing assistance to the MOH/PHO in monitoring and database systems, including HIV/AIDS information system.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience working in Papua area.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.