Contingent upon the USAID award, World Education, Inc. (WEI) seeks a qualified Technical Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded ConnectEd program in St. Lucia. This program will use a positive youth development (PYD) approach to improve upper primary and secondary digital literacy for teachers and students while helping youth build sought after skills in todayâ€™s job market.
Based in St. Lucia, the technical advisor will coordinate, monitor and assess all in-country education activities, including Training of Trainers (TOTs), Continuous Professional Development (CPD), evidence-based practices in inclusive pedagogy, and PYD across training/teaching, tools and curricula.
- Furnish direct technical leadership and expertise in digital learning, teacher training and PYD programing activities
- Review plans for teacher training; advising on international best practice, including in the areas of gender mainstreaming and learners with disabilities
- Assist in the development and refinement of digital learning tools and materials
- Coordinate, monitor and assess all in-country education activities
- Tailor program activities to St. Lucia context
- Cultivate strategic relationships with USAID, team members, global and regional institutions, donors, private sector entities, government ministries and other stakeholders for the smooth implementation of program activities
- Leverage field support to build the capacity of future technical assistance providers at local institutions
- Represent the programâ€™s interests to the public and professional counterparts through meetings, conferences and presentations
- Must be committed to the positive development of youth
- Master’s Degree or higher in education, international development, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience in large, complex projects involving multiple partners
- Extensive experience working in Saint Lucia or the broader Caribbean region on education programs
- Knowledge and technical expertise in one the following areas: inclusive education, digital learning, teacher training, positive youth development
- Experience developing curriculum and teaching and learning materials
- Experience managing and supervising host country program staff
- Knowledgeable in Positive Youth Development Approach, Universal Design for Learning, and Do No Harm Approach
- Demonstrated expertise working with host-country government officials and policy makers
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- St. Lucia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 03/10/2021.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.