Team Leader/ Capacity Building Expert
Qualifications and skills:
- A graduate degree in agriculture, agronomy, agribusiness, finance, economics, business administration or a related field.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Full computer literacy.
General professional experience:
- The expert should have preferably 15 years of experience with a minimum of 10 years in management of similar agricultural/rural development projects
- At least 10 years working experience as executive in public and private sectors with a focus on organizational development and institutional building related to the agriculture sector.
- Proven experience leading projects focused on agribusiness, agriculture value chain development, and economic growth.
- Exceptional experience in communicating consistently, clearly and effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience working as Team Leader or other management role on international donor funded projects, including policy review, formulation and institutional reforms in the agricultural sector.
- A minimum of 5 years field experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects related to public sector reform.
- Demonstrated experience in advising government bodies/ministries in transition on promoting the reform process; support development of budget and resources; and donor coordination.
- Experience in identifying and conducting required capacity building training on agribusiness development.
- Experience in South Asia and/ or fragile states will be considered an asset.