The Team Leader/Project Manager will manage and coordinate the implementation of the contract. S/he will be the main contact point to the Contracting Authority for operation (including identifying, mobilising and liaising with non-key experts) issues. S/he will liaise and report to the Contracting Authority on a regular basis on the activities and will facilitate a fruitful and open dialogue between the stakeholders involved (EU actors, partner country authorities, civil society, etc.). The key expert will support and supervise the preparation, implementation, and conclusion of assignments undertaken together with, or by, non-key experts, and the production of outputs related to specific assignments. Her/his work time will be spent between the “operational base” in Brussels and missions in the field.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent diploma in Public Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, International Relations or other relevant discipline;
- In absence of a Master’s Degree, relevant professional experience of at least 5 years to be added to the required general professional experience;
- Excellent oral communication and drafting skills in English
- Working knowledge of Russian (speaking and understanding) is required;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experience in dealing with sensitive files and interacting with high-level interlocutors.
General professional experience:
- Experience of at least 2 years in working with (or in cooperation with) EU institutions will be considered an asset, in particular on conflict transformation, confidence building and dialogue related processes in at least 2 projects.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience in the field of conflict transformation and conflict resolution or peacebuilding;
- A minimum of 5 years of fieldwork experience in developing and/or fragile countries, including interacting with international and regional organisations and with civil society;
- Work experience of at least 2 years in the field of confidence building, conflict transformation and dialogue gained in at least 2 projects.