Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Treasury Services Division (TDTS) within the Treasury Department (TD). TD performs a strategic role in efficiently planning, mobilizing, and managing ADB’s finances, with the view of protecting ADB’s solid financial standing to enable the Bank to deliver on its developmental goals. TD defines ADB’s asset and liability management policies on liquidity income management, currency management, and loan pricing. It coordinates increases in ADB’s general capital and raises funds in capital markets. TD also manages ADB’s investment portfolio to ensure that ADB’s liquidity requirements are always met.
To ensure the timely delivery of ADB’s operational and financial commitments, TDTS performs a wide array of services that aim to strategically plan and manage ADB’s finances, and efficiently mobilize funds required for ADB’s operations.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Treasury Assistant provides administrative and operational support services to the Division including managing the division’s front office activities. The position will also coordinate knowledge dissemination activities, database management, and other administrative functions.
The incumbent will report to the Assistant Treasurer, TDTS and/or designated International staff and senior National staff.
- Arranges meetings and events for the division.
- Acts as coordinator for the Division’s Budget Monitoring Control System and Leave Administration System and participates in system-improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that all correspondences and documents for supervisor are prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards. Independently composes and sends out routine letters and drafts more complex correspondences for supervisor’s signature.
- Ensures that all incoming and outgoing correspondence (emails, mail, official documents etc.) is timely distributed and assigned to respective people for reviews.
- Screens external/internal calls and answers queries.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisor’s calendar and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisor and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Ensures that office filing systems (both electronic in SharePoint and physical)is maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Mentors junior administrative staff and administrative assistants.
- Provides back-up support to other administrative assistants.
- Maintains adequate stocks of office supplies as required.
- Collects, and compiles relevant information and data related to the Division/Department to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports as instructed, prepares presentation materials as needed.
- Promptly manages the updates of document on authorized signatures for specified banking and financial transactions, including budgeting, distribution, and coordinating with authorized signatories from various offices/departments, Office of the Secretary, Department of Communications, and Printing Section of Office of Administrative Services.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in treasury or financial institutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Familiarity in videoconferencing tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with attention to details
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Strong coordination, interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence
- Familiarity with ADB’s procedure, protocol, and standards in office administration is an advantage
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 5
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the Philippines.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.