Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Portfolio, Results and Quality Control Unit (SAOD-PR) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. SAOD-PR is responsible for supporting SARD management in planning, monitoring and coordinating the department’s activities in key results areas.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant performs full secretarial services for international staff members and helps coordinate administrative activities for the division. The incumbent will report to designated international staff.
- Assists the team in the recruitment of consultants and in the preparation of Consultants Management System (CMS) requests, documentation for short-listing and processing of contract variations, and organization/liquidation of workshops and capacity building events. Assists in the administration of Technical Assistance (TA) projects from the selection process of TA consultants, processing of claims and preparation of TA Progress and Completion Reports.
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are correctly typed and prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards. Independently composes and sends out routine letters. Drafts more complex correspondence for signature of supervisors. Ensures that all incoming mail is logged, properly distributed, and promptly brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails are delivered on time.
- Provides efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Ensures that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Tracks the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Provides assistance as to the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to junior administrative staff and administrative assistants.
- May relieve other Senior Operations Assistants/Executive Assistants as directed.
- Performs certain standard activities such as maintaining adequate stocks of office supplies as required; coordinates micro-computer inventory, allocation, and requirements for the division/office/department.
- Coordinates the various activities such as meeting arrangements of a division/office/department to ensure that supervisors’ instructions are passed onto the concerned staff.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes relevant information and data related to the division/office/department to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports as instructed.
- Performs project administration activities related to TA consultant recruitment and consultant contract administration under the supervision of project officers.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Excellent typing skills. Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
• Good coordination and interpersonal skills. Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
• Able to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other administrative assistants.
• Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose.
• Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work.
• Able to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.