Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Human and Social Development Division (SAHS) within the South Asia Department (SARD) in ADB HQ. SARD is responsible for providing leadership innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. SAHS is responsible for social sector support including interventions in education, health and other social services.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant will provide administrative and operational support services for the division, and will assist in coordinating Division-wide activities related to project processing, project administration and other administrative functions. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior national staff.
• Supports preparation of necessary loans/TAs documents and processing of these documents in accordance with ADB quality and procedures.
• Mentors and supports other Operations Assistants in loan and TA processing ensuring documentation quality and procedural requirements are up to highest standards as per the Bank-wide and department checklists and guidelines.
• Assists in the administration of TAs and/or projects for the selection process of consultants, processing of claims, contract variations, internal memos, event organization, and preparation of TA and Project Completion Reports.
• For administration of TAs and/or projects, processes the recruitment in Consultant Management System and project administration actions in Procurement Review System, monitoring TA-funded consultants’ contracts, processing of claims, processing of contract variations, and preparation of TA completion reports and managing project data in mainframe for assigned projects under the guidance of designated international staff.
• For project processing, regularly updates the project information in eOperations and related data monitoring reports, ensuring that the target dates are timely met for approval up to effectiveness of the project and online actions are completed as scheduled.
• Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are properly typed, prepared, submitted on time and in compliance with ADB’s standards.
• Performs any other duties as may be required, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, preparing tables and charts for reports, etc., and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose
• Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work.
• Excellent command of English for written and oral communications.
• Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
• Good coordination and interpersonal skills
• Ability to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other administrative assistants.
• Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
• Ability to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.