Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Water Sector Group (WSG) of the Sector Advisory Service Cluster within the Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department. The Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department provides leadership, innovation, and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work. The Sector Advisory Service Cluster (SDSC) is responsible for providing policy advice, operational support, and knowledge expertise in mainstreaming priorities in the education, energy, finance, health, transport, urban, and water sectors in ADB operations.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant will provide technical and administrative support to the WSG by carrying out policy and strategy related work, providing support in the processing and implementation of technical assistance, and coordinating matters relating to sector knowledge events and outputs. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Water Sector Group.
• Coordinates and monitors activities for the sector operational plan and sector group work plan and other policy and strategy-related activities.
• Contributes to the preparation of sector-related documents including researching on assigned topics, collecting and analyzing data.
• Provides support in processing TAs, particularly inputting/updating information in the eOps and similar databases, preparing correspondences, and monitoring processing schedule.
• Assists in administering and implementing TAs including budget monitoring, drafting correspondences such as on supplementary financing, TA extension; consultant recruitment and administration of consultants’ contracts; processing TA financial closing and completion reports; and monitoring and uploading relevant documents to eOps and similar databases.
• Provides support to the organization of sector-related knowledge events including budget preparation, logistical arrangement, engagement of resource persons, dissemination activities, drafting of briefing notes, coordinating with participants from, inter alia, DMCs, regional and international organizations and ADB; and fulfilling protocol and communications-related requirements as needed.
• Collects, compiles and analyzes relevant information and data to produce reports as required. Ensures that the publications are in order and follows a system for easy retrieval.
• Takes the lead responsibility for compiling relevant briefing notes, presentation materials, speech, and documents related to financing facilities and trust funds.
• Provides administrative support to the WSG through effective coordination of schedules, managing correspondences, maintaining records and files, and assisting other Operations Assistants when they are absent, as required
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Water Resources Engineering, Management, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose
• Good working knowledge of ADB’s procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of assigned work
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.