Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (PFOD) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD).
PPFD’s responsibilities include project-related procurement, portfolio management, financial management, and knowledge and capacity development related to these areas. Its activities include review of various procurement and consulting services related documents and evaluations, project implementation support and monitoring, and monitoring of project performance management. Our teams are involved in a number of initiatives and have introduced several changes in procedures to improve ADB’s performance with respect to procurement reviews, consultant recruitment, portfolio management and project performance management, and public financial management.
The Office of the Director General, oversees the management and operations of PPFD.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant is expected to provide technical and administrative support in the following departmental initiatives: (i) policy formulation and implementation, including the activities relating to the implementation of the 2017 procurement framework; (ii) results-based work plan and related activities; (iii) quality assurance of departmental knowledge solutions and reports produced and reviewed by the department; and (iv) department’s management information system. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and/or senior National Staff.
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors:
- Policies and Strategies. Undertakes preliminary review, coordination, consolidation, and reporting of PPFD’s policy and strategy papers relating to procurement and financial and portfolio management and key departmental documents and reports
- 2017 Procurement Framework. Assists in the daily monitoring of the procurement reforms time-bound schedule and planning sheet updated daily
- Results-based Work Plan. Compiles submissions relating to results-based review; provides support in monitoring of PPFD’s overall work program; and assists in the preparation of PPFD’s monthly Management Information System
- Quality Assurance. Assists in providing information to staff on quality control matters through regular feedback and communication and helps to raise the quality standards of PPFD outputs
- Report Preparation. Assists in coordinating and contributing to the preparation of briefing papers for ADB and PPFD Management on PPFD’s overall program; supports in quality assurance of PPFD briefing papers and internal reports and documents
- Helps prepare departmental reports, materials and presentation materials for workshops, conferences, meetings and seminars on strategic themes and operational topics, based on thorough analysis, consolidation and synthesis of various inputs
- Knowledge Management. Contributes to knowledge management, departmental events, and seminars, by providing administrative and logistical support
- Does preliminary review and consolidation of departmental inputs to corporate-wide documents, and coordination and communication within the department and other departments
- Helps in coordinating the consolidation, maintenance, and upkeep of the department’s knowledge solutions in k-Nexus and monitors the production of such knowledge solutions by liaising with division focal points, DOC and CSD
- Capacity Development. Provides assistance in the preparation and implementation of PPFD’s annual program of seminars, conferences and trainings which include arrangements for coordination of all logistical support
- Strategic Procurement Plans. Assists in developing strategic procurement plans, country/sector procurement strategies and delivery of well-designed projects and technical assistance (TAs) of high quality, in accordance with ADB’s Knowledge Management Action Plan
- Front Office Support. Helps in coordinating the department’s institutional arrangements with ITD and CSD on the improvement of PPFD business processes and information systems for the efficient running of the department and achievement of its work program
- Provides administrative assistance on different departmental processes, systems, and work improvements, including preparation of PowerPoint presentations and other visual materials
- Undertakes research and conducts analysis to address issues raised and provides information on PPFD operations in response to inquiries
- Assists in various initiatives undertaken for the front office and performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, information technology, development, or related fields
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to accurately organize and present data
- Able to prioritize work and meet urgent deadlines
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Able to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and interpersonal and organizational skills
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.