Purpose of Job
The Senior Officer provides comprehensive high quality administrative and PA support to the Managing Director of External Relations and Partnerships (ER&P), as well as the Civil Society Engagement Unit (CSEU) and Private Sector Partnerships Hub (PSPH), contributing to the efficient and smooth running of the team. The Senior Officer (SO) oversees the work of the support team for ER&P (which includes Donor Co-Financing, Nuclear Safety Department in addition to CSEU and PSPH), and provides administrative and budget-related support to team members, interacting with colleagues Bank-wide, as well as external clients and institutions.
The Senior Officer role includes budget responsibilities, records management, human resources and IT coordination. This role will involve dealing with the departmental Managing Director, Managers and other colleagues within the team; other EBRD departments; and clients. For this role to be successful the Senior Officer needs to interact with staff across the whole of EBRD up to and including ExCom members and Members of the Board of Directors.
External Relations and Partnerships provides support to the Bank’s main operational and strategic objectives by mobilizing and managing grant funds for the Bank’s business and maintaining relations with the Bank’s donor community; managing the operational liaison office in Brussels and overseeing relations with EU institutions; managing seven nuclear funds that aim to increase nuclear safety and security in the Bank’s region of operations; and coordinating the Bank’s engagement with civil society organizations in the context of its projects, policies and strategies. ER&P consists of the Donor Co-Financing Team, the Private Sector Partnerships Hub, the Nuclear Safety Department and the Civil Society Engagement and Partnerships Unit.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Senior Officer is responsible for administrative support to the Managing Director of ER&P, CSEU and Private Sector Partnership Hub ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly which may include the following:
- Assist with preparation of internal documents to be submitted to the Bank’s committees (e.g. ExCom, SP Com, TC Com, FOPC, Board).
- Manage internal/external correspondence/requests including drafting responses for review, forwarding for action within the team and interfacing with other departments to ensure that follow-up action is taken.
- Act as IT Coordinator (ITC), Records Management Coordinator (RMC) and Human Resources Departmental Coordinator.
- Assist colleagues with use of the Bank’s self-service systems and tools.
- Coordinate all required facilities, catering and technical assistance for internal/external meetings/training sessions, including venue sourcing, as well as billing arrangements.
- Arrange all elements of travel according to EBRD policy including arranging visas, accommodation, ordering currency and preparing itineraries as well as claiming expenses.
- Diary management – arranging internal and external meetings, conference calls and responding to meeting requests on behalf of the team and/or line manager.
- Identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and outputs to ensure they are kept up to date and fit for purpose.
- Pro-active diary management for the Managing Director, Heads of CSEU and PSPH teams
- Assist CSEU in preparation of the Civil Society Programme at the Annual Meeting including catering, travel arrangements, reimbursements and other administrative and logistical duties and travel to site with the team
- Liaise with the President’s Office on ER&P related matters, IFI/MDB related matters, organising MDB video conferences and circulating relevant information
- Maintain confidentiality of information in and out of the Managing Directors office.
- Manage the processing of consultant contracts, including organising of invoicing and payments, to ensure the process runs smoothly.
- As Budget Officer for ER&P, proactively manage and monitor the budget and review all charges to the team’s budget, to ensure the accuracy of all financial details and compliance with the Bank’s procedures.
Assist with the production of reports and presentation material, undertaking secondary proof-reading and editorial work.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A recognised secretarial or business qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of another language, both written and spoken, would be useful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; including tact and diplomacy
- Extensive relevant experience in a similar role
- Strong editorial skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and to prioritise and schedule tasks
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent time keeper
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Willing to work overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude
- Ability to prioritise work, cope well under pressure with continuously changing priorities with no or little supervision, schedule own work and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
- Knowledge of the Department and Bank’s policies and procedures will be an advantage
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- EBRD experience and/or knowledge of the Bank’s policies and systems desirable (e.g SAP, Project Link, Livelink, Boldnet, DTM; and Data Warehouse Reports etc).
- Proven skills to draft business correspondence and documents, summarise information in written narratives and presentations including textual, numeric and graphic/charts parts
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.