Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the IT Finance and User Services Division (ITFS) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms to 6000+ users in ADB’s Headquarters and 40+ field offices in Asia and the Pacific.
ITFS manages the end-user IT services and key administrative functions that support the day-to-day business of ITD. It is responsible for maximizing the value of IT for the end users through effective user support and continuous learning on digital technologies to increase end-user productivity.
The ITFS-User Services group is in charge of the delivery of all end-user services including the IT service desk. The coverage of services also includes: (i) service fulfillment, including but not limited to mobile/roaming facilities, telephone operation services, standalone productivity software requirements, inventory and deployment of equipment, access management and password reset, event management, videoconferencing and meeting room services, etc.; (ii) IT onboarding of staff, (iii) home office support, (iv) user profile management and (v) supervision of managed services. Managed services include the IT Service Desk, copying and printing, telephone operators and videoconferencing services. The IT service desk covers incident and problem management, end user support through deskside services and equipment break-fix.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior IT Officer (User Services) is a senior member of the ITFS-User Services group, and will be a key resource to enable the efficient and effective delivery of all end user services with the objectives of (i) achieving user satisfaction; and (ii) driving continuous improvements to achieve agile, intuitive, user-centric support services.
The incumbent will manage and deliver end user services in a quality-driven and client-oriented manner and will build relationships through interaction with different stakeholders and clients from ADB Headquarters and the field offices, vendors and managed service providers.
The incumbent will be tasked to identify areas for improvements and propose options to arrive at efficiencies and overall quality of service. This will include, but is not limited to, enhancing the functions of the ADB IT service desk portal, growing and improving the maturity of early life support, tracking and reporting benefits, reviewing performance of the service providers, and making necessary adjustments to adapt to the growing user requirements and promote a modern workplace adaptable to changes driven by technology and innovation.
The incumbent will report to Director, ITFS and/or designated International Staff and may supervise National Staff and Administrative staff.
- Oversee and promote the efficient day-to-day operations of the IT managed services around the IT Service Desk, copy/printing centers, videoconferencing facilities, and telephone operators. This includes the review of performance and verification of accuracy in reporting of the service providers, analysis of service behaviors and trends, provide measurements and KPIs on service monitoring and service level agreements and present recommendations for improvements in services.
- Ensure the new features of the ADB IT service desk portal (Service Now upgrades) are planned appropriately.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the service framework around early life support (ELS), service delivery model, escalation processes and coordination with Adoption and Change Management (ACM) teams.
- Review and present improvements on the delivery of support for ADB’s field offices (FO). Establish and assist the FOs in defining appropriate processes for inventory of end user equipment, and improvements on asset management.
- Analyze service trends and behaviors and propose options to proactively address any changes driven by growth or requirements, for management discussion and endorsement. Implement the recommendations for continuous service improvement.
- Perform the necessary functions around the end user asset lifecycle: planning for equipment inventory and the implementation of asset lifecycle processes: planning, initiating procurement, reviewing deliveries, equipment deployment and maintenance, until disposal. Work with ITD and ADB Fixed Assets teams to maintain and operationalize a common inventory for all end-user computing devices and accessories.
- Assist the IT Specialist (User Services) in the development of the capabilities of user services by defining procedures, setting service standards, establishing service level agreements and operational level agreements, defining key performance indicators and dashboards.
- Contribute to the overall continuous improvement program that enables user digital fitness.
- Review and analyze weekly, monthly quarterly, and annual reports on service performance and quality from the IT Service Desk managed services. Regularly present highlights, trends, and key recommendations. Design improvements on reporting with the managed service providers as required.
- Performs any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Human Resources, or any related field; preferably with Master’s Degree, professional certification or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of experience in a service delivery oriented function, dealing directly with clients or stakeholders; with at least 4 years of supervisory
- IT Service Management (ITSM) certification or Service Now experience is an advantage.
- Experience in supporting internal customers.
- Has strong customer service, a client-oriented attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possesses attention to detail with a high regard for accuracy, can analyze data and identify trends and behaviors
- Has proven capability for analysis of information, can identify and deduce insights, and from these can provide options and recommendations in support of continuous improvement.
- Excellent client orientation, with ability to manage time-sensitive situations and difficult clients.
- Driven, open to innovation, can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Well versed in process development and process management, with strong experience in identifying risks and developing corresponding controls.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and develop multi-cultural, geographically distributed teams of internal employees and third-party service providers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Senior National Officer Level 3-4
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.