The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters : Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do : We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together : We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage : We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people : We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a consultant to managers and employees on human resource-related issues and acts as an employee champion and change agent. The position, reporting the Senior Director, Human Resource Business Partners, supports assigned business units, ensuring alignment of HR initiatives, processes and programs with business goals and priorities. This role, with a strong focus on HR strategy and operational efficiency, will work collaboratively with other HR functions such as Compensation, Benefits, Operations and Talent Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct regular strategy meetings with respective business units; assess and anticipate HR related needs and align organizational strategy appropriately.
- Provide change management support for the organization during times of transformation; strategize around reimagining ways of working now and in the future.
- Provide strategic guidance and project management/process guidance on business unit restructures, organizational design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Manage annual programs such as salary planning and performance management.
- Facilitate training sessions and team meetings.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Serve as resource for manages and employees, providing HR guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Identify training needs and individual executive coaching needs.
- Assist with recruitment efforts by developing job descriptions and partnering with compensation to set accurate hiring rates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
- 8-10 years of broad HR experience including talent management, organizational design, and performance management; experience in both corporate and non-profit environments preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and influence key stakeholders on important matters.
- Demonstrated experience working on complex problems; sound judgement and decision making.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills, including ability to communicate with executive leadership teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partnership. No direct reports.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Travel to assigned client groups and meetings, as necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
This position is based out of the CF Foundation’s Bethesda, MD headquarters and can be performed on a remote-basis offering a salary range of $120,000 – $150,0000, commensurate with experience, based on location.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.