Starting Date: 10/01/2023
The Senior Health Informatics Specialist will be responsible for managing and optimizing health informatics systems, ensuring accurate data management, and supporting healthcare professionals in leveraging technology for improved patient care and health outcomes. They will work closely with all members of the technical team to support the successful implementation of CHISU Indonesia project activities, providing a health informatics lens and perspective. Overall, the Senior Health Informatics Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all technical aspects of CHISUâ€™s health information systems activities will be in line with the priorities of health programs such as Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal Newborn Health (MNH), HIV, COVID-19, Health Financing, Disease Surveillance, One Health, and others. They will also ensure the activity output and results are well framed in the context of their contribution to improving these health outcomes. The Senior Health Informatics Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, working closely with CHISUâ€™s Technical Specialists and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for CHISU Indonesia.
This is anticipated to be a full-time position that will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Assisting the Senior Technical Advisor in work plan development, delivery output and deliverables related to healthcare and informatics implementation at national and subnational level.
- Oversee the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of health informatics systems, including electronic health records (EHR), HMIS, Digital Tool(kit)s, Interoperability and Standard, and clinical decision support systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, clinicians, and administrators, to identify data needs and system requirements for various healthcare initiatives at national and subnational level.
- Ensure data integrity, privacy, and security in compliance with healthcare regulations and industry standards.
- Analyze and interpret healthcare data to provide insights and support evidence-based decision-making for healthcare professionals.
- Design and implement data analysis tools, dashboards, and reports to monitor patient outcomes and clinical performance.
- Assist in the integration of new technologies and data sources to improve efficiency and effectiveness in healthcare processes.
- Assist to develop and conduct training sessions for healthcare staff to effectively use health informatics systems and tools.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in health informatics, data analytics, and relevant technologies.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot issues related to health informatics systems.
- Lead discussions in the development of health data repositories to better facilitate data demand and information use.
- Master’s degree in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least ten yearsâ€™ professional experience with a local or international non-governmental organization providing guidance at a senior level for ICT implementation, especially in the healthcare area.
- In-depth understanding of the agile or the SDLC project management approaches in the development of the health based technology products.
- In-depth understanding of the national HIS landscape and the Digital Health Transformation is required.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing health informatics systems in a healthcare environment.
- Familiarity with healthcare data standards and interoperability frameworks (e.g., HL7, FHIR, ICD, LOINC, etc).
- Proficiency in data analysis tools, programming languages, and data visualization techniques.
- Knowledge of health information systems or digital health, especially in the Indonesia context at national and subnational level, is a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare regulations and data privacy laws.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficient with Online Tools such as Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Drive), Slack, and Microsoft Office.
- Native/Fluent Bahasa and English are required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 09/06/2023.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.