Chemonics seeks a Senior Executive Assistant who will have the responsibility for organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling for up to five C-suite executives. S/he will perform a variety of complex and advanced administrative duties with minimal or no supervision, execute independent decisions within established guidelines, and perform a full range of administrative services. The Senior Executive Assistant is integrated into the daily work of the Executive Office Project Management Unit and ensures a robust level of customer service within the executive suite. We are looking for individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Independently conducts daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; ensuring that agendas and meeting materials are in order and distributed in advance; answering the telephone; arranging complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries; scheduling catering; filing expense reports; and prioritizing competing tasks and requests.
- Makes significant contributions to department goals and planning efforts.
- Supports the senior executives in their external commitments, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
- Processes Delegations of Authority (DOAs), reaching out to regions and core compliance if necessary.
- Spearheads process improvement innovations to ensure C-suite activities are being performed expeditiously and efficiently.
- Prepares correspondence, agendas, and meeting notes and ensures that all proper course of action is tracked and executed in a timely fashion.
- Conducts research and handles corporate governance information requests.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President/CEO or EVPs with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters as directed.
- Helps coordinate companywide meetings, retreats and events.
- Updates SharePoint and DailyChem pages with office-specific information.
- Updates and maintains file system. Works with IT and Records Management to build new structures and processes to more effectively manage files.
- Creates agenda for weekly Executive Office operations meeting to ensure meetings do not overlap, priorities are addressed, and events that require senior executive support are attended.
- May lead and provide functional guidance to lower level support employees.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four years of administratively relevant work experience preferred, with ability to handle routine tasks and operational issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise.
- Ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
Apply through our Career Center by February 26, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.