At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This is the vision of CARE and has been since our founding 70 years ago when 22 American organizations came together to rush lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to eradicating poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries to reach more than 65 million people with 890 life-saving poverty-fighting programs, including maternal and child health, education, food and clean water and more.
CARE is about enabling the human-to-human connections that affirm the dignity of every person on this planet. CARE puts women and girls at the center of its programs both because they are disproportionately impacted by poverty, something we cannot overcome until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE is seeking an experienced Senior Director of Development to lead CARE’s portfolio of partnerships with the consumer products and particularly the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector, leveraging our partners’ philanthropic, talent, knowledge, networks and product assets to create innovative solutions aligned with CARE’s mission and impact goals. The Senior Director may also manage long-term partnerships outside the sector. The Senior Director will work closely with CARE program colleagues – both US based and in country offices – to identify and support opportunities for engagement. S/he will ensure that CARE is well represented in networks and meetings relevant to the overlap between CARE’s programmatic interests and those of the FMCG sector. The ideal candidate brings some programmatic expertise, understanding of corporate trends and brand management, a passion for international development issues, and the ability to self-manage all aspects of complex internal and external partnerships.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of U.S. based companies focused on consumer products that brings at least $2 to $5 million in annual revenue and other resources to CARE. Portfolio goals will include increasing revenue, multiplying impact under the CARE 2020 program strategy and expanding CARE’s influence through cause marketing, employee engagement, and joint advocacy.
- Manage multi-partner initiatives which entail collaborating internally with CARE’s program teams, country office and regional staff, executive management, the President’s office, and brand and communications.
- Provide guidance within CARE on strategy and approach to building and managing partnerships in the fast moving consumer goods and broader consumer products sector.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred in business, public administration, or international affairs;
- Strong interpersonal and account management skills;
- 5-10 years in nonprofit fundraising or partnership cultivation and management;
- Strategic thinking;
- Ability to analyze and plan accordingly;
- Attention to detail and follow-through;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent written communication.