Starting Date: 04/03/2023
The Senior Cost and Pricing Officer is a member of the JSI International Division new business development team and is responsible for preparing cost proposal budgets across a variety of donors ensuring successful completion and responsiveness of JSIâ€™s proposals for new business. The Senior Cost and Pricing Officer will work with finance and program staff across the International Division to develop program budgets and budget narratives in response to funder requirements and in compliance with organizational policies. This position ensures the submission of accurate and cost-efficient budgets that offer the best value to the funder, including USAID and other US government agencies, bilateral entities, and private foundations and funds. The Senior Cost and Pricing Officer will also develop and update proposal pricing tools and job aids, and provide internal training.
This position is supervised by the Senior Global Business Development Advisor.
- In response to funder requirements and in compliance with organizational policies, leads proposal budget development for proposals ranging in value from under one million up to several hundred million dollars
- Works with assigned cost proposal budget reviewer to trouble-shoot complex budgeting issues and solicitation requirements and ensures review feedback is incorporated into final budgets
- Collects cost inputs from a variety of internal/external sources to ensure competitive market prices and accurate information
- Analyzes, makes recommendations, and communicates issues or concerns regarding cost applications and proposal requirements to internal stakeholders for timely discussion on bid response
- While leading budget development, provides substantive inputs to guide decision-making on overall design of application
- Supports completion of other cost-related documentation during the final production stages of the proposal, as needed
- Prepares questions to submit to funders if further clarification is needed
- Assists in responding to donorâ€™s request for clarification and further information as it relates to applications and proposals; work with the ID Director of Finance & Operations and Director or Awards Management & Compliance as needed
- Upon award, work with the ID Director of Finance & Operations to transition budgets for implementation
- Develop and train staff on pricing tools and guidance
- Seek efficiencies and adaptive cost and pricing strategies in an evolving industry and organization
- Work on new business special projects, as identified and needed
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree required; Finance/Accounting or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 5 yearsâ€™ relevant experience
- Demonstrated advanced experience with MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of USG rules and regulations (2 CFR 200, FAR, AIDAR) including cost principles and familiarity with solicitation mechanisms and contract types ((i.e. cost reimbursement, fixed price, time and materials)
- Experience with indirect cost recovery methodologies and budgeting of non-USG clients
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and strong written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple organizational and professional levels, including multiple cultures
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities, takes initiative to solve problems
- Ability to manage intense, deadline driven process
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.