The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
This position will coordinate the volume of content generated and distributed to our staff and members of the CF community, ensuring cross-coordination and planning. By taking on writing projects, content support for our intranet (Genome), and project coordination, this position will work closely with senior members of the Communications and Marketing team to make sure our colleagues and community have timely, relevant information about key initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting and editing – collaborate with partner departments and conduct research needed to draft and edit materials for internal and external use, including all-staff emails, Q&As, key messages, and program materials.
- Intranet content support – serve as lead for internal news stories and newsletter; post archive content; review and analyze analytics to inform recommended improvements.
- Project management and planning support – maintain trackers, dashboards, and other planning documents to ensure and support collaboration and build efficiencies across the comms & marketing department.
- Process improvements – assess processes and workflows around internal comms; make and implement recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Entry level, up to two (2) years of related experience.
- Exceptional writer and editor with expert knowledge of AP style and grammar.
- Basic project management skills.
- Facility with online publishing platforms.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Great communication (verbal and written), collaboration, problem solving skills.
- This position reports to the Director of Internal Communications. No direct reports.
- Standard office environment, travel, events/meetings, etc.
- This position is based in our Bethesda, MD, office.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .