International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Associate
Department/Location: Organizational Development, Technical Assistance, and Training Department (ODTT) / Vienna, VA
Reports To: ODTT Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: The Organizational Development, Technical Assistance, and Training (ODTT) Department was created to promote an IBTCI-wide support mechanism for all technical areas, allowing the other practices easier and more structured access to models and language that recommended from IBTCI’s diverse experience. The Office of ODTT focuses on a range of corporate-wide strengthening on the technical side, touching on systems, preparedness, best practices and inter-practice sharing. It also works closely with Business Development in tracking new opportunities that move IBTCI toward diversification, particularly new products and clients. ODTT also backstops different practices with technical assistance and training activities. The Senior ODTT Associate will work closely with the ODTT Director on a regular basis in supporting all aspects of ODTT’s work.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with the ODTT Director to undertake the following tasks including but not limited to:
Organizational Development and Learning:
- Develop, compile and curate cross-cutting materials, documents, templates and tools for use across each technical practice, business development and operations division.
- Interface with other staff in ascertaining the usability of IBTCI’s model tools and templates.
- Craft announcements that provide IBTCI staff with best practices and updates and keep the company informed of new templates and methods.
- Obtain and edit materials from across IBTCI’s past experience (proposals and programs) to help organize good/best materials for re-use and easy access and understanding.
- Facilitate cross-practice sharing about external experts related to topics that are common and recurring, such as the use of translators, editors, proposal specialists or knowledge science experts.
- Research compliance topics related to submission of proposals and reports.
- Develop and write clear and concise case studies, success stories, reports and publications.
Business Development and Marketing:
- Coordinate cross-practice and diversification bids in collaboration with business development and practice areas.
- Participate in select expressions of interest and proposals by pulling tailored information on organizational capacity and experience as requested.
- Research and write topics related to new technical or thematic areas where IBTCI will be called upon to have winning content.
- Coordinate outreach liaison and meetings with external partner organizations and consultants.
- Participate in the creation of corporate outreach materials.
- Prepare communication and outreach material for print as well as online, including social media.
- Create and maintain a database of individuals who can serve on IBTCI proposals and projects.
- Coordinate, procure and track ODTT staff/ consultants, including their availability, skills, interests and contract status.
- Participate in planning ODTT’s short and long-term tasks.
- Populate and organize corporate contact database.
Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in organizational training events or processes.
- Manage subscriptions to donor and other sites and update information as needed.
- Participate in working groups.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to format, edit, and proof written materials
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization and across practices on multi-sectoral topics.
- Self-starter with the ability to follow through all tasks to completion.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, research and organizational skills.
- At least 5 years of work experience for Bachelor’s degree holders or 3 years of experience for Master’s degree holders or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 18 months of IBTCI work experience at the Associate level.
- Must be a team player and work well in groups, while also able to effectively work independently.
- Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Strict attention to detail required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required; fluency in another language preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.